3.01.2013

Spring

At 6:30am the sun is bright through my front window. I don't have great natural light in the whole of my apartment, but at 6:30am it's shining. My kitchen is glowing and I can see Spring. I open the window to the kitties delight and feel a crisp breath pass over me. It's almost here! Spring!

Summer in NYC is a feeling like no other. I think Spring isn't mentioned enough, but that's when we all begin to thaw. My mind and body thaw and I reengage with my home.

I say home because I live here, but I don't identify this place as "home". I wonder if and when I will.

And then the heat comes and stays, wrapped around you like a familiar sweatshirt you can't take off; Sometimes suffocating, but always comforting.

We've almost made it! Puffy coats moving back into their storage boxes under the bed, hallelujah!

Must. Stick. To. Diet.

Summer involves much less clothing and I really want to feel comfortable. I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment