1.01.2010

Whenever, Wherever

It's twenty-ten. I like that pronunciation the best.


I'm feeling a little less than sharp, but I wanted to check in. I feel like I don't really have an audience so much as I'm checking in with myself, the self that will reread this in a couple of years, or months, just to see where I was/am.

This Christmas was meager in the presents department and I'm totally okay with that. I was surrounded by friends, family, and my Sass so the world was right.

New Years was calm and not belligerent, hopefully a good indication of the year to come. I couldn't solidify any resolutions that I thought appropriate to share, but there are definitely some goals I have that I plan on achieving in 2010. That's twenty-ten.

I will not only be successful in school, I will thrive in my new knowledge and become an incredible nurse.



I will enjoy New York City. I will not just exist there, I will live it everyday. I will not come to a decision about whether I am staying or not until the end. I will keep this decision to myself and decide alone.

I will love everyone I have in my life. If I don't love them, they don't belong. That sounds harsher than I mean, but I simply won't have time to mend or force any type of relationship in 2010. You shouldn't either.

I will not be so self-righteous. I will be more accepting and cut back on the preaching. This also means I will not be as critical of other's lives. This is something that comes with maturity and self-confidence and I'd really like to achieve greater of both.

Last year was an amazing year for me. I made some decisions I never thought I'd have the guts to make as well as accomplished goals I really started to doubt I could. I am proud of my 2009-self and I wouldn't change a thing.

I'm home. Being away from my Mom is the toughest part of being in New York. If I stay for longer than this next year, the trips home will have to increase exponentially or she will just have to pack it up and join me. I just can't be in this life without her.



She's making some delicious dinner for us, I'm about to make (or a sad attempt at) a fire, and then we're having our Christmas.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment