I've been using the mobile post feature for this blog more than actually writing entries. I really like that feature because I've always wanted a photo diary... this is just a combination.
My grandparents just left after a 10 day visit. Family dynamics and relationships are very interesting and I'm not surprised there are classes and majors and a zillion books dedicated to family relations. They are from a different time and place, and I do mean a VERY different time and place, which adds some stress to our situation but doesn't change our blood.
Summer has officially begun: my trips are finished, family visits are over, school is done, etc. etc. I am waiting patiently, trying to soak up every obligation-free day, until the end of August arrives and my bags are packed. NYU/NYC is becoming realer by the moment and I'm starting to get serious nerves. They're excited nerves and I have so much to fantasize about. I love having an imminent life change. I like change. There are certain types of change I enjoy more than others, but overall I like to switch it up now and then.
I met some girls in the city who are also in the ABSN program. Being with people who are on the exact same page was thrilling and as I mentioned, made things very real. They were so nice and excited and nervous, all with the same reservations and fears as me.
Ending a sentence in "me" feels weird.
I miss my writing classes. The girls I met are phych, graphic design, and liberal arts majors. We are all literally in the same boat. I love it and it makes me feel so much better. Right brained ladies moving into a left brained world.
Ahhhhh... writing this has gotten me nervous so I'm going to take a walk for quarters and to clear my mind.
Oh and my baby maker is seriously driving me nuts lately. Do they sell pharmaceuticals for women, who are looking to advance in their careers before they have the babies, that helps ease the pains of not carrying/loving/raising a child? UGH.
No comments:
Post a Comment